January and February are the prime winter months when many Americans’ experience the effects of seasonal depression or Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). This condition impacts an estimated 6% of Americans, causing depression, sluggish movements, and a desire to avoid social situations. Does this sound like you on this cold January day? Seasonal depression can also create an urge to overeat, which is never good at the start of a New Year!
Would you believe that as many as 15% of us in the U.S. may experience a milder version that may include only some of the symptoms. This condition is not exclusive to the U.S.; in fact as you travel further from the Equator you will see higher rates of seasonal depression reported throughout the world.
There are a number of ways the medical community suggests to manage the symptoms of seasonal depression or SAD:
Get enough sleep.
• Maintain a healthy diet
• Learn to watch for early signs that your depression is getting worse.
• Try to exercise more often.
• Look for activities that make you happy; sports, hobbies, group activities.
• Practice good sleep habits.
There are only two primary methods for treating SAD; Light Therapy & Negative Ions:
• Light therapy using a special lamp with a very bright light (10,000 lux) that mimics light from the sun.
• Light therapy should take place early in the morning, to mimic sunrise.
• Use negative ion air purifiers in the house or office.
• Wear a negative ion necklace or bracelet.
IonLoop offers a selection of stylish bracelets and necklaces that will provide the natural benefits of Negative Ion Therapy. Easy to wear and very economical to try…for all of our friends in Sunny South Florida all I can say is that we are jealous!
Best Sports Bracelet: It’s About More Than Just Style
If you’re looking for the best wristband for sports, watch out for fakes. While these wristbands are stylish, they’re worn for more than just their good looks. Because these wristbands contain negative ion technology or therapeutic magnets, it’s important to buy one that actually work. Cheaper brands often use weak magnets or toxic byproducts. At IonLoop, we use only the most potent magnets and a special mineral known as tourmaline that generates negative ions. And our bracelets are tested for safety and efficiency. Get yours with free shipping within the USA today!