Make It in America Takes Off
There seems to be an increasing awareness among American consumers of
the importance of a Made in the USA label on a product. IonLoop has
been working hard to make this happen and we have proudly brought back
the manufacturing process from the Far East to Texas for one of our most
popular products; the Original IonLoop negative ion + magnet bracelet. Obviously our small effort has meant new business to our U.S. based suppliers.
After many years of a depressed economy it seems that people have
decided that they can help other Americans prosper by looking for
domestic products. In a recent survey it has been found that over 80% of
Americans are willing to pay more for Made-in-USA products…80%!
While it seems that Congress has been ineffective over the long-haul they have launched a “Make it in America”
campaign: a new manufacturing strategy based on the idea that when more
products are made in America; more people will be able to “make it in
America”. This new agenda hopes to create high-skill, high-wage jobs of
the future — promoting American competitiveness, innovation, and
Close tax loopholes that encourage outsourcing U.S. jobs overseas.
- Provide hometown tax credits to help small businesses hire new employees and sell their products and innovation overseas.
rules that U.S. and its contractors buy products made in America,
especially to build transportation, energy, and communications
- Demand China and other countries honor fair trade principles or lose American business.
- Give incentives to hire and retrain America’s returning veterans.
The school is still out on another Government program but industry is taking the lead;
- Motorola is manufacturing cell phones in Fort Worth
- Carhartt has been marketing jeans which are sewn in America
- Walmart has touted their new push to support U.S. supplier
This could be BIG… small steps will result in BIG benefits for the U.S. economy…please support local business and look for Made in the USA