The Holidays are stressful for most of us but if we focus on the important reasons and how it can make us feel as we share gifts with friends and family, we may make this season more enjoyable.
Did you know that according to neurologist gift giving produces endorphins. They say our brains are wired to derive pleasure from giving. Studies have found evidence that we feel a greater sense of happiness when spending money on others as opposed to when we spend the money on ourselves. Also, the look on the recipient’s face when they open the gift produces the same euphoric feeling of pleasure and joy we can experience after a hard workout or when falling in love. Count me in on giving a lot this year!
Spend a minute looking over these quotes and you probably will walk away with a renewed outlook that will carry you through until the New Year.
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” ―Anne Frank
- “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” ―Winston S. Churchill
- “For it is in giving that we receive.” ―St. Francis of Assisi
- “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” — Mark Twain
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” — Maya Angelou
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” — Bob Hope
These quotes on the joy of giving originate from a very diverse group of notable individuals but there is one obvious common theme…giving will help us live a more fulfilling life. We might also add that it sure feels good…from our prospective it feels good when you decide to give the gift of IonLoop.
Bob Gotfredson, Co-Founder IonLoop