The holiday season is quickly approaching. For most people, this is a time of celebrating family and loved ones. It is also a time for giving, showing charity, and inspiring a general feeling of brotherhood with all those we share the planet with. Here are a few easy ways to spread holiday cheer this holiday.
- Practice Random Acts of Kindness. Everyday, find a way to do something nice for complete stranger. Pay for person’s coffee behind you in line or give your waitress an extra tip. Take a few extra minutes to lend a hand to someone who looks like they are struggling.
- Give Compliments. Giving someone a nice compliment can totally change their entire day. When you give someone a compliment, you are also choosing to look at the positive instead of focusing on the negative. Compliments are a wonderful way to spread cheer and gratitude.
- Say ‘Thank You’. This one may seem obvious, but the power of a simple ‘thank you’ cannot be overstated. You could think about leaving handwritten thank you notes on co-workers desk, thanking them for their contribution to your team. For bonus points, leave a little something sweet along with the note.
- Help others stay focused on their health. The holidays are notoriously a time of overeating all those things which are bad for you but that we love - cookies, candies and rich foods. Try introducing some healthy alternatives at your next office party. Fruit plates, fresh roasted nuts and fresh juices offer healthy, tasty alternatives to traditional sugar filled options.
- Give Inspiring Gifts. When considering gifts for friends, loved ones and co-workers, think about getting them something that will inspire them. Maybe you have a friend that you know would like to work out more and get into better shape. Consider getting them a fitness accessory, like an IonLoop negative ion and magnets bracelet or a fitness tracking device.
- Create a Culture of Gratitude. There is scientific evidence to suggest that people who feel grateful are more resilient to stress, everyday hassles and personal upheaval. By being grateful and expressing your gratitude to others, you spread this feeling to others. Helping to create culture of gratitude is a powerful way to bring meaningful change into other people’s lives.
Giving the gifts of gratitude, thankfulness, inspiration and good health will help you to spread feelings of joy this holiday season. These are the gifts that keep on giving, and that can help others to find happiness long after the holidays are over.